Missoula Urban Indian Health Center Patient Rights:
- You have the right to be treated with consideration, respect, and dignity.
- You have the right to participation in the development of and access to your treatment plan,
case planning, and referral services.
- You have the right to privacy and confidential treatment of all Missoula Urban Indian Health Center
records and provision of services.
- You have the right to services that respect your social, religious and cultural values.
- You have the right to accept or refuse treatment.
- You have the right to authorize/restrict access to your information by person(s)/entities of your
consent, via signed/dated Release of Information, as applicable.
- You have the right to know the professional experience and certification of your service provider;
including provider/organization accreditation status and other qualifying measures.
- You have the right to a fair and efficient process for resolving differences with the
Missoula Urban Indian Health Center and to be informed of the Grievance Procedure used by MUIHC.
- You have the right to be informed of any research that may affect your care.
- You have the right to be free from coercion, discrimination, or reprisal for exercising your rights.
Patient Responsibilities to Enhance Your Care:
- Extend the same courtesy and respect that you have the right to receive from Missoula Urban
Indian Health Center.
- Disclose information you feel is relevant to your request for service. MUIHC acknowledges your
responsibility for participation in your own health and well-being.
- Be proactive in the communication of your specific request for assistance and/or service.
- Acknowledge understanding and agreement for financial responsibility for payment of services received.
- Request information about Missoula Urban Indian Health Center’s Patient Payment Responsibility;
including, MUIHC’s Sliding Fee Scale to make arrangements for manageable payments for services.
- Disclose all required and applicable information for payment and billing purposes.
- Provide updated information for Patient Registration and Third-Party Billing at each visit, for
accurate and timely billing.
- We appreciate your call to reschedule if you cannot keep your appointment, so that others
awaiting appointments can be scheduled.